0 € to 5.000.000 €

0 € to 10.000 €

0 € to 9.000.000 €

0 € to 0 €

We found 0 results. Do you want to load the results now ?
Advanced Search

0 € to 1.500.000 €

we found 0 results
Your search results

What documents do you need to put your home for rent?

Posted by Carla on November 20, 2019
| 0

If you are an owner and want to rent a home, it is good to be clear about the documents that you should present to the tenant.

Credit the property
Being legalistic, it would be normal to prove that you are the owner of the home with a simple note that you can obtain in the Land Registry to which the property belongs. An action that, through the internet, is very simple. In practice, they almost never ask you, but this would be a good practice that would prevent fraud and that someone time the tenant, renting a flat that is not theirs.

Energy certificate
It is a necessary document to put the house for rent. This document, which must be registered, is valid for ten years, before which you do not have to ask for it again every time you rent. Of course, it is the responsibility of the owner to renew it when it expires.

Moreover, the label that results from having made the energy certificate must be included in the announcement of the apartment for rent and subsequently, give a copy to the tenant. Only if rents are for short periods, it is not necessary.

IBI (Property Tax) and Supplies
Although they do not require it, it is good to have a copy of the last receipt of the Real Estate Tax (IBI) and the invoices for basic supplies: water, electricity, gas. Typically, the tenant takes care of the consumption, from that moment. And, in addition, this information conveys seriousness and confidence to the tenant.

First Occupancy License
If it is a house that has been acquired as an investment and is new, the tenant can request this document. But even, in some autonomous communities it is requested to be attached with the rental agreement.

Pay the deposit
Likewise, once you have a tenant and receive the corresponding deposit, the owner must deposit it in the corresponding agency of his autonomous community. The Law establishes the obligation that the amount of the deposit corresponds to a monthly payment. In the Community of Madrid your deposit is mandatory, through the IVIMA (Madrid Housing Institute).

Information of the area
Finally, and although it is obviously not a legal requirement, receiving information from the area. Occasionally, the detail of available schools, communications, proximity of markets or gyms, can be a trick in favor to help tenants decide.

Source: fotocasa.es